@!ex$$w0r!d™ ©

When someone sees the same people everyday they wind up becoming a part of that persons life. Then they want the person to change.If someone isn't what others want them to be then others become angry.Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives but none about his or her own.

As I mentioned in my last post the achievements column in my CV gave me quite a head ache.I started thinking about the possible ways(shortcuts) by/through which I could make it appealing. One of ideas which struck me was to be an organizing member of the ‘n’ number of events which takes place in our college.We already have 3 well established fests in our college which follow a hierarchical process,ie..if you want to be the head you got to start from being a volunteer in the previous editions.

Thankfully there were like minded souls & the so called ’waste’ students who were never a part of any organizing teams came together to introduce a purely technical national level fest NEURON so that they could start off as ‘heads’.I was inducted into the marketing department.

Attracting sponsors for a technical fest is a challenge since it is not as crowd pulling as those cultural fests.Moreover this was the inaugural edition.Anyhow convincing the cream of MBA holders(who are essentially the marketing managers ) into wasting their money is quite a task since big firms don’t need to invest in college fests to advertise themselves while the students wouldn’t give a damn to those unknown names who sponsor these events .But for me it was basically getting a lot of exposure interacting with those marketing brains around the city while the petrol bills would be paid by the finance committee.

My first appointment was at a FM station.I have heard a lot about beginners luck ,but that was not to be.Call me what you please,I hadn’t even bothered to go through the presentation I was supposed to give in front of the manager.The manager sat right next to me & both of us went through the presentation for the 1st time-the only difference being I was exaggerating the content while she was sensible enough to comprehend the real picture.Not to mention , my 1st assignment was a disaster.

I had fallen down enough times in my life life to lie their & shed tears.Thankfully there were still pot headed managers around who agreed to sponsor our event.

Though I was not a HEAD(I believe HEAD’s are those inefficient people while their success depends big time on the efficiency of the people who work under them), the secretary of the event would always come up to me & ask for suggestions.So one day I told him to put the names of a couple of those lazy organizing members in the posters so that at least after seeing their names in the posters they would act responsible. A week later the posters were out with my name & contact number.I would still like to believe the posters were printed before the secretary listened to my ‘words of wisdom’ but I avoided him from then on.Nevertheless I didn’t let go the opportunity to flirt with all those out station girls who rang me up for queries.

To be honest the event wasn’t much of a success with the National level tag eventually turning into a local level fest with disappointingly few out of Rajasthan participants.Moreover cheques almost worth Rs 1 lakh bounced which put us in doldrums towards the end regarding distribution of prize money.

There are still people around who are the organizers of the more established & obviously successful events who give us an ugly smile.But we , the NEURON Team take pride in the sweat & toil which has gone into building a platform for the future batches to carry it forward than giving ugly smiles after performing on the platform which their predecessors had built.

8 footnotes:

starting a trend is ALWAYS difficult :D

nehoo , nice post; I made my cv last week and felt the same way :)

it takes time to build new things yeah..

btw happy b'day and one question: what tech branch are you from? m from biomedical..

Hi nice blog.Thanks a lot for commenting my blog www.allfield.blogspot.com.

Well that is not a free class.It's Rs.50 per hour due to deepavali festival offer.Usually it costs Rs.500/hr.She is an excellent teacher.Watch her free classes at www.wiziq.com.

Nice work keep it up.Enjoy blogging.

good one, alex!

I am not yet into college, and am a yet-another-indian-boy aiming for an IIT...
Your CV experience seemed bad...or my be it wasnt..anyway...your experience was useful in the form of a learning for me...now, keeping my future CV in mind, I'd try doing something...! lol!

by the way, here's my blog:

http://classicwebs.blogspot.com do comment....
-Templar

lol nice post....cv's suck!! :(

ok, since im too lazy to scrap u from orkut, i tagged u once for a desktop story naa..what u have to do is, u got to paste the print view of ur desktop picture on the blog and u gotta write about the pic...and abt the folders n all that u got on ur desktop....

and i tagged u a questionnaire whcih u gotta answer the 19-20 questions and tag other 6 people who u want should do the tag.....phew... now u'd better do it quickly :D

hey nice one..we too had xperienced d same when we started but d scenario changed frm d second yr itslf..!!

THE VERY FIRST ARE REALLY BAD...
BUT DON'T WORRY...U WILL LEARN WHEN YOU WILL FALL NEVER TO FALL AGAIN...

:)

CHEERS

GOOD LUCK

yeah im richer with organizing skills