On the eve of World Animals Day(Oct 4) I dedicate this post to all the animals who have played their important parts in my life.Well, I guess some of you must be wondering if I am a member of PETA.Yes, I am.Right from my childhood days I am an official member of PETA(People who Eat Tasty Animals).The fact that I remember the date Oct 4th is not because I necessarily love animals(which I of course do),but the embarrassing memories of having forgotten the lines of a by-heart ed speech on World Animals Day 2002, during our school assembly still haunts me.God usually gives me strange reasons to remember certain dates & this is one.
Our college in a sense is a mini wild life sanctuary.Cows,goats,pigs,dogs,monkeys(real ones),rats,snakes,peacocks & we students peacefully co exist over here.Hence it is inevitable that we strike a chord with some of them(or may be the other way around).
Couple of weeks back, I was watching the 1st episode of “How I met your Mom”(I am always out of date with TV shows).Just decided to watch it since it has a huge fan following in our college.Right from the word go it’s simply hilarious & I was seriously missing some company to share all the humor.Ooops!! I got it wrong.Giving me an unwelcome company,sitting almost on the keypad of my laptop was a cute little mouse not even the size of my fist.As all of you would have done I jumped off my chair and the mouse disappeared.Well ,disappeared into a small scale forest,or to put it in simple terms into the vast possibilities my shabbily arranged room offered.Boy, if you ever wondered what a small rat could do to a spoil t brat,here I was cleaning every nook & corner of my room - of all the 60 odd days I had stayed in this garbage at 3 am on a Sunday morning.At around 4 30 am I destroyed its ‘habitat’ & got my companion out.The last time I had cleaned an area with such intensity & dedication was my hostel premises when the then Defense Minister George Fernandes was about to pay a visit to our school.8 years since I needed a mouse to pay a visit to do it all over again.Its funny isn’t it, when a defense minister & a mouse can influence you the same way.
Among all the stray dogs that wander around freely in our college there is a silky white beauty who caught all of our (read as-my friends)imaginations which was sadly born at the wrong place.Had she been brought up well,she would have attracted some big bucks in the market today.We christened it SADU.Well ,Sadu is one of those souls who is a research lab for pranksters like us.I shall introduce him another day in this space.Sadu(the dog) was born & brought up with our mess food like the original PETA member.A pure vegetarian dog.We guys would collect all the chicken bones from the restaurant where we go regularly & feed her.Then on she stopped shitting in our common bathroom.She has the freedom to visit our rooms as well.During our last mid-terms exams on a rainy night I fell asleep while studying, thereby forgetting to set an alarm & also to lock the door.At 5 am somebody was barking right in front of my face.It was Sadu who had crept under my cot without my knowledge the previous night to save her from the cold.She couldn’t push the door out as she did to get in & was waking me up for help.
Thank God , I got up & studied.Had it not been for her I would have flunked my exams scheduled on the day.
I do need a day like October 4th to look back & thank all those lovely animals.
Welcome
******************************************************
Blog Archive
Ask Me
Labels
- college (11)
- I-Me- Myself (5)
- social causes (5)
- cricket (4)
- football (4)
- inspirational (3)
- funny (2)
- Animals (1)
- books (1)
- experience (1)
- friends (1)
- love (1)
- politics (1)
- random (1)
- school (1)
Ego Meter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 footnotes:
awww so sweet. really nice post.
im damn scared of animals, specially dogs. but yeah, we hv a dog like SADU called TIMMY(bitch-female dog in boys hostel) and JIMMY(dog in girls hostel)and lol, everyone adores them :D :D :D :D
nice post again...
thnx..
its intrestin wen e1 d dogs r gender conscious
innovative way to xprs wat u think abt animals and my favt pet is dog ...!!
well who doesnt like a dog
thnx 4 d comment
nice post :) i love animals, but sumtimes really pity on them becos the way they r being treated specially in India
n i wud love to read more in ur blog u r very expressive n it feels good 2 read though it is only twice i have been here but wud love to visit ur blog very ofen now onwards
hey..really really loved the post!
and... was the PETA expansion invented by you?lol...funny
and our campus is a mini wild life sanctuary too...but thankfully no snakes yet!but there are a lootf weird creatures which i doubt even zoologists have yet 'christened':O
PS1:i'm afraid of dogs:|
PS2:looks like you've a lootf female commentators:P
The only thing which came to your rescue is, you dedicated your post to the animals whom you personally loves.
I hate those emotion mongers who tries to defy humanity and seriously declares humans as the reason for extinction of various extincting species, while we all knows that its not in human's hand. Nor it is possible for human survival to forget about there own existence and think for the so-called-lovely animals.
I wonder why there is no Human Day to celebrate the fact that Man won over animals and made them pet for his own survival and rescue, that he used Oxes and cows for the starting of civilization as agriculture?
Why there is no Human Day to celebrate the fact that Human developed various tools and weapons to safeguard themselves from the wild animals and man eaters? Why not a day for the success of Man over animals?
Animals are surely lovely, but what about Human? Is Human not lovely?
PETA sucks and all animal rights activists sucks!
Animal Rights Activists—the Terrorists
@shilpa
im humbled ....
@neethu
no!! dat ws not invented by me,read it sumwer n found it really funny
thank god zoologists dint christen those wierd creatures,else i wud ve struggled in my bio xams (nt dat i dint struggle)
ps1-dats gud in a way....my dad keeps on remindin me abt wat a loving bite frm a stray dog can get me in2
ps2-i put my link 4 compulsary comments in orkut....n it jz happened dat d beggar aftr me happened 2 b female dis tym around...
btw 4got,thnx 4 ya comments
@diva
lol...made me think....big thanx 4 dose sincere words
george fernandes and the rat :D
Hahaha, nice post. I love dogs.period.
the mouse incident is cute :) my mom's screaming is enough for me to start cleaning my room :I
Hahaha, nice post. I love dogs.period.
the mouse incident is cute :) my mom's screaming is enough for me to start cleaning my room :I
@smile
:D
@manasa
lol...thnx
U STAND BY IT...
BY THE WAY LEME ASK RU A VEGGIE OR NON VEGGIE????????
THIS WILL PROVE UR SERIOUSNESS TOWARDS THE CAUSE...
;)
im pretty sure u dint read d post, its ok with me but it is dissapointing wen sum1 comments without going throo d post
Post a Comment