I ve heard - one has got to learn to eat his words to survive in this topsy-turvy world , but when the words you eat bites you back it can become rather uncomfortable.As a result this post is 48 hours late.
The handful of you who read my last post(thankfully) would have already guessed it right.We slipped on the doorsteps of a semi final birth.It’s fine with me,it isn't the first time nor do I think it would be the last.
Some of my friends often say football is their girlfriend & man I found out why.I have often been in situations where your team plays really well,dominates the whole game & ended up the second best on the scoreboard.When we played the kind of game which would have made primary school girls proud we won & when we finally found our groove and produced some magic with the ball we lost to a fluke goal sadly in the virtual quarter finals.
Pretty much like those girlfriends, isn’t it?When you do something with all your heart they find it silly & at times when you hardly care for them they seem to find some sort of obligation towards you.
I don’t understand why I should be so melodramatic to simply say “WE LOST” but yeah as I mentioned earlier in the post the embarrassment & little bit of frustration- maybe, is taking it’s toll on me.
What’s the big deal??I am obviously not eating my words for the first time-I ve done that all my life(like all of you) but when you have to eat something on record(read as- my last post) sentence by sentence , word by word, with god’s grace I don’t have enough skills to express the embarrassment through my words.Except the football(who had a purpose-GOD) & volleyball teams , the rest(supposedly on a paid holiday) went on to bag a good number of medals & produced the best performance ever by our college @BITS Pilani bagging 35 medals(last year we pocketed 7).At their expense the soccer team has been attending felicitation functions(the dean has been comforting us telling it’s all about participation{any sleeping pills around?})shamefully trying to get away from all those teachers inquiring about the number of medals we won.
Personally it’s been like the tale of some of those politicians.When you win the party lose & vice versa.Last couple of years when the team did well I was struggling to cement my place as the junior most in the team & all the credit would go to the stalwarts of the team & cometh the hour when I should have taken a part of the credit here we are struggling as a team.On a very personal note for a change I am extremely satisfied with what I had to offer with yours truly scoring his maiden goal for his college to keep his teams chances afloat during a crucial game.As I promised ,didn’t get myself involved in any verbal battle & succeeded in completing the tournament without committing any fouls.
Not only did we lose sight of a podium finish this time around,I also lost my expensive watch during all the fun & frolic.I have a mad craze for watches which most people fail to understand & if you ask me which hurt most I would honestly admit losing my watch hurt me the most.
It’s been a disappointing week with hardly any material gains but as Swami Vivekananda once said-“You will be nearer to Heaven playing football than through a study of Gita”.
Welcome
******************************************************
Blog Archive
Ask Me
Labels
- college (11)
- I-Me- Myself (5)
- social causes (5)
- cricket (4)
- football (4)
- inspirational (3)
- funny (2)
- Animals (1)
- books (1)
- experience (1)
- friends (1)
- love (1)
- politics (1)
- random (1)
- school (1)
Ego Meter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 footnotes:
hey at least u shud be glad that ur football game brought forth a wonderful post:)
and talking about watches...my fast track watch's missing too:(
lol...dat ws so sweet
hp ya get yo watch soon....im yet 2 get ovr d loss
i totally understand ur sentiments..i wont say any crap of better luck next time coz i know how bad it feels...
we are having an inter-college sports meet going on..and my batch-3rd yr throwball team (yes we hv a sport for girls called throwball) just lost to the 1st yr kids...and we're knocked out of the event....
anyway..congrats on ur maiden goal for ur college..must hv felt great naa? :-) keep the enthusiasm on!!! :-) n next time remember to keep ur watch aside :|
lol...its fyn n as i said nt d 1st tym dat i lost
seems gals get old v fast,e1 here 1st yr gals steal d show in sports meets.....
thnx,honestly felt on top f d world aftr scorin d most easiest f goals n it wud b a struggle convincin pappa 2 pay 4 a new watch....
hey, hard luck man. I mean abot the watch :P
Lol, you know same thing happened to me. I was perenially a junior in my basketball team, even though i was in the main five. But when my turn came to be a senior..my last baskey tournament..we were struggling so hard.
Yeah so all this will happen only to us unlucky ones.
Nice post.I liked the vivekananda quote.
Great way to go about it.. honestly I was feeling bad for u, but thn I also cudn't stop smiling..
@manasa
hahaha...somebody s feeling 4 my watch...
intrestin dat u went throo a similar phase in yo bb
thnx 4 d comments
@'j'
thnx 4 d comments & keep smiling
FOOTBAL FANATIC...!!!
BUT IF U DON'T STUDY WELL U WILL SURELY SEE HELL ON EARTH SOONER OR L8R...!!!
;)
ohhk....yo comment definitely makes sense bt nt with regards 2 d post I suppose...thnk u....
Post a Comment