@!ex$$w0r!d™ ©

When someone sees the same people everyday they wind up becoming a part of that persons life. Then they want the person to change.If someone isn't what others want them to be then others become angry.Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives but none about his or her own.

We have been preparing for close to 50 days for our first tournament of the season @ BITS Pilani ,BOSM’08.Its undoubtedly the most prestigious & eagerly awaited of our fixtures simply because it’s one stage where we get to lock horns with some of the best colleges in the country.It’ is an open sports meet & yeah a sort of Olympics at this level.

And we go there almost like how India leave for an Olympics.Nobody expects us to win too many medals for there will be enough takers.Most among us go there basically to have a paid holiday in the best private technical institute in the country & obviously to satisfy our visual pleasures.

Though ours is a different case.The football team has a purpose.We believe the person who said “it’s all about participation & not winning” was a big time loser. For results do matter and football is all about winning and losing like any other sport, all about getting the goal that matters, all about doing the so-called ``right things'' on the field. And art and beauty often take a beating when they do not translate as "right things".

But, then, did Van Gogh worry about winning at a painting competition when he painted Sunflowers? Did Mozart think about winning at a music festival when he composed those great works of genius?I don’t know.

Did Maradona want his team to be world beaters when his timeless biological work of art helped create a few breathtakingly awe-inspiring sporting moments that should rank among the highest forms of art that any sportsman might have ever aspired to.He obviously did & so do we.

On a pesonal note this could very well be my last shot at the coveted football trophy at BITS since I may be busy next year due our campus placements.That in itself is a huge motivational factor not to forget that I have slowly but surely shed my junior tag in the team.I would very well be expecting myself to contribute substantially to the team’s cause.I have drawn enough flak trying to emulate David Beckham’s ticket to fame half line goal unsuccessfully(I am still confident of pulling it out one day)though someone whom I am pretty confident of emulating is none other than Zinedine Zidane & walk out of the ground like stud with a red card.Someone whom I wouldn’t want to emulate would be a Roberto Baggio during a penalty kick or for that matter a John Terry spot kick @ Moscow.And yeah i swear not to swear however hard my opponents provoke me.

I know none of you would care for what happens in the next week for our team though it wouldn’t be too much of a burden to carry some genuine wishes.

We have put in our sweat & toil with this sole aim to go out there & do well .Last time we were the semi finalists though i dint come back empty handed-i came back with the malarial parasite P Falciparum though i would prefer a medal this time around.Wish I could write a fairytale epilogue in a weeks time.

8 footnotes:

Hey dude ..nice post dude ..u frm NIT rt ..chk this http://festember.org/08/Home.php

Hey...First of all..it wasnt a pain :P

Anyways I know how lovely the game of football is. My friend says..."Life is about playing football stark naked at 3 in the night when its raining cats and dawgs " :P

best of luck. I hope you win.

Cheers!!

hey...i totally get whatever u say...our guys also sweated a lot for bits-pilani...but sadly we won't be there to compete with u guys because of some issues...
seriously this fest is something like some olympics for us college-goers..
really nice post
hope u guys win(i'm wishing u luck right from the bottom of my heart, since my college is not taking part..)
write the next post along with the pic of u guys holding the trophy :-)

@tarun
im afraid u r too much in2 promotin airtel dat u 4get wat u shud b doin in othrs posts
@comfortably numb
thank u.....n yeah a quotable quote
@mads
if yo col cud cum dat wud ve been one gud rivalry,though v hav enuf ova der....n yeah hope we win...thnk u

hi good wrk keep it up

Dont worry, you'll win. Fingers crossed, lol.

Hey alex..I always love to read ya post.My lappy had a viral fever so was off for couple of weeks..
Anyways hope everything will be great..don't worry!!
You win !!
keep posting!!

yeah fets are like asian games or olympics for college goers...

enjoyyyyyyyyyyyyyy