@!ex$$w0r!d™ ©

When someone sees the same people everyday they wind up becoming a part of that persons life. Then they want the person to change.If someone isn't what others want them to be then others become angry.Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives but none about his or her own.

Finally exams got over & for a change I didn't do all that bad though I could have a different story to tell once the results are out.Honestly ,the exam weeks are the only time when I actually don’t get bored.

Sometimes I wonder about the logic behind all these descriptive exams.People who mug up all the stuff would often come out with their heads held high.High time the educational system in our country is revamped.Especially in a deemed university like ours where nobody monitors the conduct of an exam the system leaves a lot to be desired.

Distractions these days are aplenty, aren’t they?But we start noticing it during the exam period.I hardly remember preparing for an exam without a cricket series running in parallel(India usually does well when I have an exam to dwindle my study hours).The desi version of playboy (they call it Times Of India-how so true)would keep you focused , but at the wrong place.This is usually the time i develop a never so before craze for gaming which has often hurt me big time & it was no different this time around with the FIFA 08 which i didn't really enjoy playing luring me at the wrong time.

So as usual I started preparing 2 days prior to the first exam.Though I was a bit perplexed to eventually find out that the guest faculty who had taken a couple of lectures had completed 3 epic units(in 2 hours) the bewilderment sunk in pretty soon as I have been used to it for quite some time. Frankly I prefer tough exams where everyone struggles to pass time (forget passing the exam) & get into double digits since it works well for our GPA system.But that’s hardly the case over here.Most of our professors have authored their own text books & obviously ask questions from their books to boost the sales.I do admit their books are of the highest quality(since it is usually a compilation of the stuff from leading foreign authors) but the fact remains that the exam oriented training their books provide instead of the concept oriented preparation we aught to do would eventually flatten our brains(Chetan Bhagat hasn't quite inspired me to be a 5 point someone so even i follow our professors version).

The central govt. would do well to explain in detail the paper correction system in place over here in some moral instruction text books so that the future generations learn what not to do.That is the only time when I really wished had I been born as a Gupta ,Aggarwal,Sharma or even a Jat or Meena(the closer you are to your teachers community the better)or even as a girl.I can understand when a male teacher has some sort of a soft corner for girls but even female teachers showing the same love has been a bitter pill to swallow.

Some teachers teach you what to do,some teach you what not to do.Either way we benefit & that must be the sole reason why somebody said that we should RESPECT them.

25 footnotes:

Yeah..!! Totally agreed...

Education isn't about exams or the preperation for it. Exams are just a small part of the bigger picture. It's the development and grooming of a person to tackle the world.
But unfortunately in India, so much importance is given to marks scored in exams, that (as u said) the person who mugged up everything would walk out with his head high.

Nowadays, (so called) educated people are ones who act irresponsibly. Be it in traffic rules, road rage( i'm frm bangalore), or things like wasting of water and so on. Their marks cards might suggest a distinction but are they the actual 'educated'?

Anyway, wat can we do..

Cheers..!!
Arjun

hahaa...i guess u ain't a proper student till u've studied last minute!
hhmm i guess the one thing i dislike abt the indian education is that it doesn't really do much to bring out what's best in a student...we're all beaten down to stick our heads into our books n get truckloads of marks!

well written :)
p.s...lol, ok girls do sometimes get things the easy way sometimes but guys dont have to deal with being hit upon by their TEACHERS(eeww gross!)! n then let's not even get into the chauvinistic behavior that we sometimes have to deal with!

hahhaha.... man sooo true... especially the part where india doing well when we have exams going. But seriously, the system sucks big time. I thought it was the case with only local engineering colleges. But, even NIT's having the same problem. Really not cool.

People who mug up all the stuff would often come out with their heads held high.


very truely said.............i hate ths a lot!

First of all I like Aamir KhannThat is my top ten man.
Now for ur post.
I agree with arjun
what I wanted to write he wrote it
but I want to say
Nice blog...

Vinayak

MaDbLoG


Top Ten

very true,.. from the commenters above it seems that all blogger brains are alike, bad at mugging, and good at applying..

and nice template too, keep it up..

Sad fact of my life is im in a girls school, so absolutely NO softcorner for 'girls'.Lol.

Goodluck with the results.Indian education system sucks big time. period.

p.s:I like the new look of your blog.

Sad fact of my life is im in a girls school, so absolutely NO softcorner for 'girls'.Lol.

Goodluck with the results.Indian education system sucks big time. period.

p.s:I like the new look of your blog.

ha gud to know atleast somebody did his exms well...hmm..yeah me too agree withya that the edu scenario needs a change
ya and have heard a lot about the 'conduct of exams' in ur insti and the grading system n all...wonder why they ever conduct exams...:P

btw...bhagat is coming here today with his family for an interactive session:D

@arjun
i nodded all d way but for one line-
we can & shud certainly do somethin & dats d only solution....
@misty rhytm
yeah i agree
but here i ws presentin my point f view
@rohan
yeah man.dats d case ova here-dunno abt othr places....thnx 4 droppin in
@shruthi
v all mug up ,dun v??
n yeah u r right-sumtimes v hate ourselves
@vinayak
so nice of arjun na....
@attila
thanx mate...bt isnt it true dat v dun practice wat v preach??...im sure dey all mug up at sum pint f time bcoz d system demands
@manasa
dats d sad part of my life,i wud ve luvd 2 study in a gals college-dun worry nw make sure u dun commit d same mistake as far as selectin yo col s concerned-some serious discounts await...nice dat u liked d new template
@neethu
i ve been wonderin 4 d past 2 yrs....n im sure u wil post ur interactins with chetan bhagat....n exams ,i wish i dun hav 2 edit d 1st para once i get ma marks

completely agree on:

The closer you are to your teachers community the better....Lol every one's not lucky

I would have never thought about this:

Honestly ,the exam weeks are the only time when I actually don’t get bored.

Nice blog
gr8 work
keep it up

wow... that was some thinking on the education system...!!!

by the way ur blog is looking is nice...!!!
nice template and the way the page is desgned is awesome...

@dan
it frightens me wen pple agree on dat,i wish dis remained in our college if at all it remains & wen u finally thot abt dat dont u agree?
@rakesh
now do make sure dat u dont keep this up,plz do read d posts
@rinzu
thnx as always
the template was designed by sum1 who calls himself Pannasmontata...i guess i owe him /her d compliment

"I hardly remember preparing for an exam without a cricket series running in parallel(India usually does well when I have an exam to dwindle my study hours)."

So very true. Especially the world cups used to happen during our exams. Man, you took me back to those good old days, when I used to take 2hrs break for every half-an-hour of study...

"The desi version of playboy (they call it Times Of India-how so true)would keep you focused , but at the wrong place."

LOLs...Malayalathil paranja 'piece paper'... : D

Guys will always be guys...

this is a really nice post...
the fcat is just like ur mommy and daddy u cant actually hate ur teachers...

u can write a similar post on teacher's day...

first time in ya blog... you write very well.. am from the other end of god own country... good luck with ya studies.. I was a three point someone at coll ;)

well said...exams exams and exams....i hate it...no wonder i dont score much!!

mugging is nt my cup of tea...

well its fun to keep teachers in ur pockets sometimes if u get what i mean!!!

but u gotta be careful with your flattery and all...its simple try..it works..worked with me...dats hw i got my internal marks most of the time ;)

the examination system at the base level is rotten.However we must alo consider the fact that they have to try (at least look to be trying) and bring kids of all intelligence/strata/eco/soc background on an even keel.When you look at it though AIEEE/CAT/JEE/XAT are excellent objective ways to test your intelligence

I dont know.
Sure they test your objective intelligence, but what they test is the depth of the knowledge.
Sometimes its just unfair in the way that certain people get to repeat, maybe they should stop allowing repeat entries, like in the JEE where youre allowed to repeat only once.
Nice new template.
Sober.

@abhinav
yeah guys r forced 2 b guys
@rinzu
yeah im plannin 1 on teachers day,der r certain teachers whi ve really influenced me
@:)
thnx 4 all dos kind words
u wer really a 3 point sum1??
i guess its pretty hard or rather impossible
@shantaram
u r ryt,but sumhow i am so bad at dat....i hate running around teachers n pleasing dem...thnx neways
@varun
CAT n 2 an extent JEE r perfect...not so sure abt d rest
thnx
@mihir
i guess sumwer in b/w u got lost while reading though i completely agre with ur words ... n thnx as always

these exams I tell u are jus meant for one night stand ...!
u mug and u crack is the mantra !!
and i suck in both ..engg collg exams are fun to giv ..i have given so many widout even lookin at the book and topics before !!

some one change the system plzzzzzz !

is education minister listening ?

thnaks for the comment... a lil hard to digest at first...
i think i will redo the posts tina sent me...

kudos to the teachers....

Well it was truly said one should command respect. Demanding respect doesnt really work. It is ones work that shows forth and commands respect that lasts.