All of us crave for those turning points in our lives. Don't we? But there were a couple of occasions recently where I would have done better without those turning points. Last Christmas I was back home for my holidays in Kochi. For all its developments in the last decade it unfortunately doesn't offer you any unique hangout places. So one day I was on my way to one of those common hangouts in a private bus. For all those who are unaware there is a govt. order where some 25% seats in a bus have to be reserved for women. Therefore men are often confused about who is the so called 'weaker sex'. But the amount of crimes against women in the state is such that once on my journey in a train a 5-6 something old adorable girl was seated opposite to me. Yours truly affectionately smiled at her & guess what; she started pulling her knee length skirt further down! Here in Jaipur there are no seats reserved for women in buses & a 20 something girl in a mini skirt would probably put one leg on the other if nobody is paying her any attention. The numbers of crimes against women are identical though. So whether these rules are the seeds for crimes or vice versa would be debated like the 'Who came first-Hen or Egg' debate. Coming back to my journey in the bus, I was forced into the ladies area thanks to the evening crowd. There was this dude standing next to me who was hell bent on showing his culture to the 'aunties'. After a bit of poking & probing one of the ladies politely let him know what she thought about it. The dude slowly left the area (experienced-I later found out).I was suddenly in his place & god damn traffic in the city, the driver put the sudden brake & I was on the same old aunty purely according to Newton's 1st Law of Motion & by no means any Laws of attraction. Probably thinking that this was the other guy she shouted "BEHAVE YOURSELF" & enquired about my Mom and sister. Unless one find themselves in such a situation it's difficult to comprehend how it feels when everybody turns around to give you "What a pervert" look. Though we play like shit in tournaments, we religiously practice football every evening. Then there are the girls who pay an honourable visit to the ground 2 days before any tournament. The fact that they still perform exceedingly well is something I plan to do my PhD on. Anyway, presence of the fairer sex on the field is a huge source of inspiration to the boys. Suddenly the drooping shoulders broaden & the lazy become enviable. Our coach plays his part as well by loudly congratulating the guys who do well & the lucky guy would turn around to see if the girls are noticing him. Naturally the case applies to me as well & suddenly started playing to impress 'somebody', meanwhile forgetting the basics. Our coach was admirably alert though & shouted -"Alex…..You STUPID Fellow". I dint have to turn around though, I could very well hear the giggles.
Welcome
******************************************************
Blog Archive
Ask Me
Labels
- college (11)
- I-Me- Myself (5)
- social causes (5)
- cricket (4)
- football (4)
- inspirational (3)
- funny (2)
- Animals (1)
- books (1)
- experience (1)
- friends (1)
- love (1)
- politics (1)
- random (1)
- school (1)
Ego Meter
Labels:
funny
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 footnotes:
oh man that must have been embarrassing..
these days girls also end up slapping guys, still good for you, she spared the kind soul :P
this did not happen with me yet,as in gujarat,we don't generally travel in buses, but public transport jeeps and whenever i'm in delhi, i know that front left side is reserved for "keval mahilaon ke liye"..so as such dint have any problems yet.
Seriously embarrassing & as i mentioned one has 2 experience it to really know how it feels like...but then that has been the story of my life & in a way its ok....something to chuckle at the end of the day
lol the football thingy was too funny, specially the last part :P lol :P
and yeah it gets unfair to u guys many times...and we girls label guys as perverts and sex hungry creatures... :P hey, cant help it. thats the way the tradition goes by... :P
Its not amusing u know....
thnx 4 d comment
Ha ha, you seem to be unlucky around ladies mate. I have a problem with flirting - do you? I can understand the effect of girls on the field man - any guy can.
yeaha bit unlucky...not always though
flirting...i guess i ll ve 2 ask d gals whethr dey hav ne problms,i ve absolutely none...y?u need some tips?
LOL, this one made me laugh...
Haiku poetry
im humbled
Your posts are giving me inspiration and ideas about my future posts. The lazy bum in me does not want to task my mind(until it comes to a game of chess) and reflect upon such incidents, that keep happening in day to day life.
The bus incident has happened quite frequently to my fellow passenger here in the Delhi Metro and though I could not completely "relate" to the feeling one gets on being in such a situation, I fell in the line of those looks from ladies, which were directed on the alleged pervert so I can tell you its not that pleasant. Probably it wants to dig up a hole and bury yourself in it..
good work!
Quite a complicated comment
By the time I finishd readind it,I 4got hw it started.So nice of you to have written all those stuff.
again nice that u cudnt relate to the bus incident.
Thnx 4 commenting
Lol.. actually there's some grammatical error as well in the last line.. it should be read as "Probably one wants to dig a hole and bury himself in it".
When a lot of ideas creep up in my mind, I want to put down all of them before they go off.. hence the complication.
Post a Comment